Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Artistic Elegance at Charbonneau

What a wonderful weekend we had at the lovely Charbonneau Country Club Art show. Leslie does an amazing job organizing this event every year and this was no exception. The food was terrific. (Curry's Landing catered) I hear the wine was fine and the art was nothing short of spectacular! Robert had five paintings on display. He had several conversations about the depth and beauty of his work. "Soul Energy" seems to touch a lot of people in a special way. He also drew caricatures. There was often an appreciative group around him watching art being made.

I was so pleased to see all the inventive, interesting new things people created over the past year. As usual, there were several jewelers but artisan jewelry is all so different that we actually complemented one another with our variety!

I will be hurrying to make new rings as they seemed to be pretty popular. (A great excuse to get out the torch.) There's only one dome ring left and I think that's because I accidentally put it on my finger and forgot to get it to the display! There are several people sporting new wire-wrapped birthstone rings now. Everyone loves to choose their own colors and watch me turn a few Swarovski crystals and a piece of sterling wire into a personalized statement just for them in under 10 minutes. (It doesn't hurt that I make them matching earrings too!) They started out jewelry lovers and became jewelry designers!

The gorgeous green corn-flake pearls with the gold dreamcatcher pendant found a new home. There was a lady that 'visited' them several times Saturday evening, I wish I could see the look on her face when her husband hands her that little silver bag!

I'm going to publish some new photos of jewelry soon. The ones I took last week sold before I got them on the blog. (I know. It's a quality problem!)

No comments: